In this challenging senior level role, you will provide post sales technical support assistance to the company's Networks Authorized Support Centers and End User Customers via web, phone and e-mail. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues spanning all 7 layers of the OSI model. Both live troubleshooting over shared desktop sessions, as well as offline investigation of device logs and documentation are a part of the daily activities in this role. Reproducing customer issues in the lab may be needed to isolate potential bugs before engaging engineering and development team resources.
Working together with other regional Support teams, Development, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Sales and SE teams are an integral part of building a positive customer experience and delivering solutions that drive customer satisfaction. Our global team of exceptionally talented engineers continues to rapidly expand. We are looking for those with a passion for technology and problem solving who find satisfaction in making customers happy.
This is an opportunity to work amongst the best and brightest in the industry who share the same enthusiasm for the latest cutting edge technologies that continue to disrupt the security industry worldwide. With a casual working environment, cool people, and highly competitive remuneration packages, this is an opportunity not to miss!
- Provide technical support assistance to partners and occasionally to end users.
- Troubleshoot live over shared desktop sessions with partner and occasionally with end user.
- Perform root cause analysis of reported issues through offline investigation of device logs.
- Reproduce customer issues in the lab to isolate faults and determine root cause.
- Open escalations with engineering and development teams for newly discovered software bugs.
- Manage support cases ensuring all issues are recorded, tracked, followed up, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Publish and revise technical support bulletins and other technical documentation in the online knowledge base.
- Provide on-call support outside regular business hours on an as needed basis.
- Occasionally, go onsite to partner site or customer (with our partner) to troubleshoot.
- Must be fluent in English and Japanese (spoken and written)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and isolate behavioral anomalies within packet captures.
- Strong independent worker and team player.
- Strong troubleshooting methodology, creative and able to think outside the box.
- Strong technical expertise in all layers of the OSI model with a solid understanding of how each technology works.
- Ethernet and Switching
- IP, NAT, and Routing
- TCP, UDP
- SSL and IPSec VPNs
- Common Application Layer Protocols
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting, programming languages, and tool development a plus.
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper/Netscreen, or Fortinet security products a plus.
- Background working in vendor or technical support environments with trouble ticketing systems a plus.
- ¥7,000,000 Yearly ～ ¥1,100,000 Yearly
- + stock option