Excellent opportunity for a bilingual software developer with proven experience in the financial domain.
• take a leading role, interacting with Group Operations to determine requirements for new project, design and implement solutions.
• liaises closely with the regional colleagues as well as global design authority team with opportunities to work on both local Tokyo based initiatives and regional initiatives.
• The role will include managing and owning the delivery of software solutions supporting Group Operations teams in Tokyo, with a wider involvement in regional programmes of work looking to create more harmony and consistency across our regional clearing and settlement platforms.
• need to understand SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and implement the methodology into each initiative.
• lead offshore development team in Bangalore and Singapore (currently 3 offshore resources in total) from technical aspect. The candidates have responsible of their delivery quality with right documents associated.
• need to liaise with BA (business analyst) to understand the requirement and built the solution with the bank standard tool sets.
• Since the Operations IT team here is dealing with Zengin system. The candidates potentially have an exposure to the Zengin system as well.
• You will be working in Operations IT CTB (Change the Bank) team which is responsible for working with Group Operations in Japan and the wider regional and global clearing and settlement function to provide technical solutions to address new business initiatives, manage risk, provide capacity and support our businesses in achieving the revenue and profitability goals IT.
• The team in Tokyo is responsible for maintaining local in-house developed application which support Group Operations day to day business as well as developing new solutions and leveraging global strategic IT frameworks to continue to extend the coverage, automation and quality of our local and regional technical architecture.
- Japanese capabilities (Read / Write / Speak) to communicate with local clearing house (JASDEC & BOJ) and the vendor (NRI, Fujitsu) here in Japan.
- English capabilities to talk to team members / regional & global colleagues.
- Strong expertise in Java and or C# with capability in Perl and Shell scripts (Scripting language)
- Experience in supporting critical and time sensitive applications.
- Knowledge of UNIX (Solaris, Linux,), RDBMS (Sybase and / or Oracle)
- Plenty of knowledge of networks, domains and protocols
- Capability to work as a team member
- Excellent verbal communication skill
- Minimum of 5 year experience working in a highly technical support environment.
- Self-driven, motivated, and goal-oriented mind-set
- Language requirement
- English (Advanced business), Japanese (Fluent)
- Visa requirement