One of the key challenges that our Japanese companies face is globalization, i.e., standardizing enterprise architecture globally. There are not so many Japanese companies that attempt to transform themselves to a global company and there are not so many opportunities of working on globalization, however in this SAP project for our major Japanese pharmaceutical client, as they are now shifting to a global company, you will be able to work on such globalization opportunity. If you fulfill your responsibility successfully and make this great transformation happen, you will get quite meaningful experience and bilingual coordination capabilities that majorities of the other Japanese clients show their interests for their globalization.
1. Responsible for identifying gaps between centralized SAP and as-is business process/legal compliance, identifying requirements, to-be business processes/systems, leading/managing implementation and testing.
2. Support key user training and data migration.
3. To understand global template (Functional coverage of globally standardized SAP, Global standard processes/policies)
4. To understand high level local organizational structure incl external units, as-is business process flow, high level local as-is system architecture incl. interfaces, middleware and high level data flow.
5. To understand (and prepare if not available) the standards incl. procedures, check list, templates from the central team.
6. To clarify as-is batch job scheduling, monitoring, error handling process and constraints.
7. To identify and prioritize gaps, identify high level requirements/NFRs incl. forms/reports/conversions (Uploading and downloading).
8. To identify to-be integrations, to-be integration technologies and to make list of to-be interfaces with key attributes such requirements descriptions, real-time based/batch job, protocols, data types, frequency, data size etc.
9. To lead and manage configuration team to ensure configuration is completed on schedule without any critical flaws.
10. To discuss with development manager/offshore team the high level custom functionality requirements incl. integrations.
11. To coordinate configuration team and development team to detail the technical requirements.
12. To clarify questions from the client team and from development team in a timely manner.
13. To support the client team and the development team in testing, training, master data preparation and data migration.
14. To make a daily communication, weekly and monthly reports to client team and Deploy lead.
Necessary skills and experience
1. Bilingual skill (Native Japanese, Business level English for speaking/ listening/ writing/reading)
2. Business process knowledge in supply chain field (Mainly Domestic delivery and Export)
3. Business Blue Printing/Gap analysis experiences
4. SD/LE/WM/APO functional understanding (Technical/Configuration capability is NOT mandatory, but super user level understanding is MUST)
5. 7+ year experiences in SAP project management
6. Documentation skill
7. Communication skill, Good Interpersonal skill and flexibility
8. Physical, mental toughness
Nice to have requirements
1. Experienced in Global SAP roll-in/out projects in manufacturing companies. Experience in pharmaceutical/ chemical/ life science sectors are preferable.
2. SAP functional experiences
3. Logical thinking
4. Presentation skill
Overall Japan (Initial project is in Osaka)
*Business trip basis is considered as an option
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Business)