You will work on a variety of products, such as advertising, booklets, brochures, posters, event materials and displays, websites, emails which are all within the firm brand.
You will work to a brief agreed with the clients, design director and/or project manager and will develop creative ideas and concepts. The appropriate media, style or format has to be chosen to meet the client's objectives, and you may be required to make key branding decisions with design director.
You will listen to clients and understand their needs before making design decisions, and discuss with other designers in Tokyo and/or Hong Kong as needed.
You will look after the other designers and ensure their design output meets the required level.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of design/layout software and professional consideration of time, costs and deadlines.
You may need to manage more than one design brief at a time and typical activities include:
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas, concepts and develop comprehensive designs on brand;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within cost and time constraints;
- Developing design briefs that meet the client's objectives;
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Assisting other designers in the creation process to create professional designs;
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients or project managers;
- Meeting clients via phone or in-person, or design director/project manager, to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients (communication may be handled by a project manager)
You will need to demonstrate:
- Passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair;
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing designs;
- Ability to work within the brand;
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs;
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues;
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time (multi-task);
- A flexible approach when working in a team;
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative tools (mainly InDesign)
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese and English (Email) in order to interpret and negotiate briefs with clients;
- Additionally, good skills for photo search/selection, in keeping with the branding photo direction;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional design experiences in a multi-language environment (Japanese and English).
- At least 3 years of experience working in a design team or firm (not only freelance experience).
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Business)