The Enterprise Support Specialist assists corporate end-users in
corporate offices and remote locations globally with technical support of approved desktop/laptop
computers, applications and related technologies. Support includes specifications, installation and
testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines of approved company
standards and processes. The employee in this position also assists in the creation, maintenance
and versioning of documentation related to Desktop Support processes, procedures and associated
guidelines. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and
problem-solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
• Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers,
peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
• Setup Configure and maintain VoIP systems for all APAC users
• Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computers,
peripheral equipment and software.
• Work with ES Systems and Network team to determine and resolve problems received from
• Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file
servers, email servers, print servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
• Train end-user community on appropriate use of approved Medidata hardware, software and
peripheral equipment as required by Standard Operating Procedures.
• Recommend and/or perform upgrades on desktop/laptop systems to ensure uptime.
• Ensure all approved desktops, laptops and peripheral hardware is accurately
inventoried and perform maintenance/spot checks with user community validating equipment
is correctly assigned.
• On a daily basis, maintain asset management systems tracking all hardware and software
items utilized by end-user community by fully understanding the Enterprise Support asset
management lifecycle and following established asset management procedures.
• Work with Finance and internal ES staff facilitating approved purchases of hardware,
software and other technologies within the guidelines of Standard Operation Procedures.
• Coordinate with Enterprise Support engineers, collect/validate functional requirements of
technical solution/s to determine whether researched solution is viable for purchases.
• Actively maintain and replenish commonly-used computer supplies necessary for day-to-day
Enterprise Support operations.
• Will be responsible for the procure and tracking of all technology assets (Hardware,
Software, Mobile devices)
• Manage Vendor contracts in the APAC region
• Work with Issue Tracking System to review, acknowledge, remedy and resolve all assigned
end-user tickets in timely manner.
• Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing
equipment and software.
• Ensure that all computers globally interconnect seamlessly with systems including
file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
• Maintain and provide telephone system support and assistance.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
• Respond and contribute to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery circumstances
relating to planned and unplanned events.
• Actively participate in scheduled off-hour operations, weekend work and on-call rotation
• Travel domestically or internationally to support global Datacenters, offices and events.
• Demonstrated proficiency supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop/laptop PCs.
• Experience supporting Mac OSX desktop/laptop systems.
• Demonstrate technical proficiency working with Cisco VoIP and Call Manager administration
• Demonstrate an understanding of basic Networking concepts including TCP/IP.
• Familiarity with common workplace productivity computing applications, e.g. Microsoft
products suites, email clients, calendaring, Internet usage, Antivirus, inventory management
and backup procedures.
• Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Peripheral
equipment and Servers.
• Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and
• Analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills; ability to learn new software
• Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems.
• Daily commitment to high-quality results, Strong work ethic and Customer Service
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including via telephone.
• Ability to lift and handle packages/hardware with the approximate weight of 50 pounds or
• Ability to travel domestically and possibly internationally to support offices and
• Must have fluent to native level Japanese (read/write/speak) and business level English.
Other language such as Korean and Chinese are always welcome.
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required; degree in computer science or related field preferred.
• Requires a minimum of 8 years of hands–on desktop support for Windows and Macintosh
• ACMT certification required or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Business)
- Visa requirement