We are hiring an IT system developer who will be responsible for development of client’s in-house front and middle office system.
Specifically, he or she will be responsible for the following duties:
- To develop in-house system, and plan, perform unit/functional/integration tests, according to provided functional requirement.
- To create necessary development documents, test plan and test results.
- To perform analysis, development, testing and implementation of developed system.
- Working with the first level support team to provide second line support, and work closely with other internal IT teams to analyze and follow up on all related technical issues, report findings to managers or team leader.
- Conduct feasibility studies and impact analysis on possible system solutions and propose clear choices for business consideration.
- Night standby support may be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Key application developer for in-house middle-office system, SSIS, Excel EUC tools for finance department
- Technical supervisor and key contact for the system listed above and providing solution for the issues
Non-essential Job Functions
- Deputy contact for Excel tools for equity middle/back office department
- Second line support for Instrument data system
- Middle-office application and interface design for back-office system
- Maintain, enhance and support existing developed front office Fidessa application
- Need to work with regional offices IT staff
Skills and Requirements
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have knowledge, skill and experiences on C#, .NET, Excel VBA, Oracle, SQL, and SSIS
- Nice to have these knowledge, skill and experiences on Java, ASP, Omgeo CTM, ULBridge and Fidessa,
- Knowledge of object oriented programming
- Relevant application product certifications. Eg. MCP.
- Basic business knowledge in Equity trading and middle/back office operation
- At least 3 years working experience in Investment Banking or Securities Trading industry with relevant exposure to development and support of equities trading or middle/back-office applications.
- Self starter and multi-tasking, with strong analytical and problem solving skills, solution oriented with proven results
- Clear and confident communication skill – both verbal and written in English/Chinese
- Good team player and can work independently with minimal guidance
- Language requirement
- English (Fluent), Chinese (Simplified) (Business)