Producer is responsible for delivering the marketing content that is requested by Client’s internal clients. Producer takes requests from internal clients, makes project plans that include the project scope and schedule, and manages resources to execute the plans. Producer updates the Client program manager with the progress of each project and escalates any issues. Producer also manages the project forecast and budget.
- Respond appropriately to briefs and requests from Client.
- Demonstrate synergy to work with other agencies as a team to help deliver the projects for Client.
- Create a project estimate and get approval from Client.
- Manage project scope, schedule, resources, and budget and team members (internal and external) to deliver high quality translations.
- Take ownership in communication and proactively communicate with all project stakeholders.
- Invoice timely once a month.
- Provide the following reports:
- Weekly project status reports
- Monthly project status reports and financial reports
- Monthly timesheet
- Quarterly status reports and financial reports
- Take questions from internal and external resources and provide answers.
- Analyze the source materials and identify potential issues.
- Act as the primary liaison between clients and the internal/external resources.
- Keep project team members up to date with client expectations and change of scope.
- Conduct post-mortem meeting if desired.
- Manage corrective/preventive actions.
- Provide feedback on resources and make recommendations for resource selection.
- Make recommendations for localization technology tools.
- Propose improvement plan for higher quality, faster turnaround, and more cost-efficient solutions.
- Close jobs in our TMS for timely invoicing to clients as well as from suppliers.
- Keep close communication with the team, Account Manager and Director of Production on issues occurring during execution of projects.
- Look for opportunities to offer more services (listen carefully to client needs).
- Escalate issues to Client and relevant managers
- Ability to use WorldServer
- Familiarity with Mobile Products (Windows. Mac, iPad, iPhone)
- Optimistic, fun, and proactive nature
- Language skills: Japanese (native) and English (Business level)
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to manage time while working with multiple members in different time zones
- Enthusiastic about teamwork
- Respect others and enjoy helping others
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines
- Solid organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Quality and detail-oriented
- Multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Learn and adapt new tools and technologies
- Strong computer skills
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Business)
- Visa requirement