Key Responsibilities :
1) Hardware and software deployment
o Software license management
o OS image build maintenance / rollout / deployment
2) Managing network switches, routers and related servers.
o Implement, maintain, support, develop and, in some cases design internal networks within a site or between sites.
o Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages.
o Secure network and server systems by working closely with the System Administrator in maintaining and enforcing policies.
2) End-user Trouble shooting and Support
o Offer efficient, effective and friendly end-user support
o Appropriate and consistent prioritisation of support requests
o Ensure that staff are satisfied with the approach and professionalism of the IT Team in dealing with support requests.
o Account management support
3) Application Support
o Offer support and training (both formal and informal) to staff on the use of standard applications such as the Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps, iOS apps.
o Help staff to make use of the standard applications to improve their teaching, administrative efficiency and generally improve their level of IT literacy
o Be available to work alongside the teachers as classroom support
4) Safety and security of the network, hardware, systems and data
o Regularly install all computers with the latest driver and system updates
o Ensure that all hardware (including TV/Video’s electrical hardware in general etc.) is safe and working correctly
o Basic IT Team Housekeeping duties such as cable tidying and computer cleaning
5) Testing, installation, configuration, and basic housekeeping duties of IT equipment as required by teachers and other staff, e.g.:
o network (routers, switches, wireless access points, LAN cables)
o software (both core applications and educational software)
o hardware (desktops, laptops)
o peripherals (printers, projectors, interactive display boards, audio systems)
6) Installation and maintenance of effective virus protection and security systems
o Install and configure virus protection software installed
o Ensure that all virus protection software is working properly
7) Managing IT consumables inventory and supplies
o Log all consumables use in inventory list
o Monitor inks & bulb stock levels and request for purchase new stock when needed
8) Managing classroom laptop and mobile device usage
o Ensure that classroom laptops batteries are fully charged and regularly calibrated
o Ensure that iPads are returned to the trolleys and locked at the end of the day
o Helping staff to follow best practice in using devices
9) Vendor liaison for repair of IT related equipment.
10) Maintain an up-to-date inventory of hardware and software
o Log all hardware and software items in the IT database including location, serial numbers, install codes, licenses and support renewal dates as appropriate.
11) Keep IT knowledge current and keep up-to-date with the latest developments in IT through courses and appropriate reading
o Minimum Experience Level: Over 3 years hands on
o Minimum English Level: Business Level
o Minimum Japanese Level: Intermediate Level
o Minimum Education Level: Technical College
o Visa Status: Japanese National or Permission to work in Japan required
Required Knowledge & Skills
o Experience with network monitoring protocols
o Intermediate networking skills, including wireless technology
o Intermediate Windows server administration
o Knowledge of Active Directory
o Knowledge of Google Apps Infrastructure
o Windows PC Support (mainly Windows 10 English OS)
o ChromeOS, MacOS, iOS Support
o IT Service operations
o Incident management & reporting
o Must be proactive, self-motivated, disciplined, results oriented
o Has the ability to learn on his own
The following would be a plus:
o Audio/Visual equipment operation skills
o Knowledge of Linux Systems
o Bash / Unix shell scripting skills
- Language requirement
- English (Advanced business), Japanese (Business)