The site Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager has the responsibility of developing and maintaining HSE systems, policies and procedures, which facilitate the Site’s compliance with community expectations, The parent company and Governmental laws, regulations and standards. The role has responsibility to advise and assist line management to ensure compliance with these requirements.
The HSE Manager is responsible for the continuous improvement activity set that embodies prevention, pro-activity, risk assessment, knowledge/ competency development and associate involvement essential in the development of a zero incident culture.
Role Reporting Structure (Solid and Dotted Line)
- directly reports to the Plant Manager (or equivalent, e.g. Site Director)
- may have direct reports depending on functional organization archetype and local site/business unit requirements
- Sets the overall HSE vision of the site; executes the proper motivational techniques required to enliven this vision.
- Provides functional leadership and development of local HSE team
- Provides influence to site management and supervision on HSE
- Part of factory management team
- Establishes, communicates and monitors the site specific strategy and annual HSE plans in line with Global and Regional strategy inputs and drives continuous improvement
- Establishes HSE procedures in line with regulatory requirements and corporate standards.
- Implements management system and procedures in line with the parent company and local requirements.
- Assure incident response, investigation and corrective actions implemented.
- Technical expert in HSE for the site.
- Ensures investigation of all HSE related incidents utilizing specific tools to drive to root cause and identify actions to prevent recurrence. Drives completion of recognized corrective actions to prevent incident recurrence are effectively implemented, this includes execution of corrective actions developed from other site incidents.
- Collaborates with Occupation Health and Wellness Management team to ensure effective injury case management process is fully implemented, well understood and functioning as desired.
- Manages and uses a data driven approach to manage, modify and prioritize site HSE direction. Shares and uses data to influence, motivate, measure and drive continuous improvement. Upwardly communicate performance toward company goals for HSE.
- Owns and executes site security requirements to meet corporate requirements
- Manage Risk Management activities associated with asset conservation and property loss control. Drives timely corrective actions to third party loss risk assessments and audits.
- Japanese Native and Fluent English communication skills (written & spoken)
- ISO standards related experience Experience:
- Preferred: 3 yrs in Food manufacturing related work experience
- Preferred: Some experience with Human Safety and/or environmental management
- including bonus
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Business)