The Engineering Quality Analyst (EQA) is to ensure Product Quality during the development phase.
You’ll work closely with our internal project teams from the process side, working on 5-10 projects concurrently, to ensure they understand expectations, to audit throughout the development life cycle, and to ensure processes are being applied properly.
This will include completing training sessions and coaching activities, sharing lessons learned and best practices among projects, and coordinate with multiple teams from our engineering development centers.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Lead periodic audits of software and systems teams to ensure compliance
- Gather and report key process metrics to assess the health of active product launch projects
- Share challenges, lessons learned, and best practices with global counterparts
- Liaison with Customer Engineering Quality to align expectations
- Work with Continuous Improvement team to drive process improvements
- Enable the achievement of Automotive SPICE and CMMI compliance as required by our customers
Report to: EQ Manager (remote location)
Required Skills and Experience；
- 5+ years of broad experience working with an automotive software development team across the full development
- Embedded software development experience
- Language: Business level of Japanese and English
- PC: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Preferred Skills and Experience;
- A university degree in engineering (ideally in Electronics, Automation, Computer Systems, Information Technologies, or any related discipline)
- Familiarity with system, software and validation development life cycle
- Automotive Electronics industry knowledge
- A willingness to learn and develop knowledge about Quality Systems and Process improvement methods, including knowledge of IATF16949, CMMI or Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) standards
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to instruct, coach, and inspire others through team meetings and formal training sessions in groups of up to 25, as well as one-on-one coaching
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, including very good English speaking skills
- The capacity to work well in a global team environment, including interacting with team members in other locations
- ¥10,000,000 Yearly
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Business)
- Visa requirement