We are hiring Data Security Engineer in HK!
The role of an Implementation Services Data Security Engineer is to interpret a customer request and then transform that request into a successful project.
A successful project is one that meets the customer’s requirements, is delivered on time, and has a positive impact on the client business.
The Data Security Engineer is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation.
This includes project management, solution design, security solution implementation as well as act as Tier 3 escalation technical support when called upon.
The bespoke nature of the Client account requires this role to be filled by very high functioning individual who can independently work to achieve the customer’s requirements and perform well in a high pressure environment and interact with both junior and senior client staff in a professional manner.
The role is required to act as liaisons to engineers in the Client Architecture and Engineering department in ensuring that global engineering standards and guidelines are adhered to.
- Meeting with Business Clients, Systems Integration, and other IT departments to gather technical requirements, business justification for projects
- Verify technical requirements for large projects
- Quickly estimate high-level costs and resource requirements
- Evaluating technology options and presenting those that best suit customer requirements.
- Produce the technical design in the format specified by Client standards. This requires excellent technical writing skills and proficiency with office automation tools. Many technical designs will be in excess of 100+ pages and integrate various items including Visio Diagrams, Tables, Charts, and links.
- Provide detailed and accurate bill of materials and cost estimates
- Estimate Resource Requirements with a high degree of accuracy
- Ensure Compliance with all Client Standards for Data and Voice Networks.
- Communicate the design in both a technical and business style manner. This will normally be done in meeting and require the development of additional presentation material.
- Assist junior engineers with project costing estimates
- Generally the first to use new solutions provided by Network Technology engineering team
- Develop a High-level plan at project initialization that will guide the project through the requirements and pre-sales stage
- Develop a Detailed project plan that will guide the project through the solution design, procurement, and delivery stages.
- Hold regular meeting with stake holders to track progress and communicate issues, and delegate tasks
- Provide Project reporting as required by the Client Minimal Grid Guidelines for Complex and Medium Service Requests
- Provide Project reporting as required by client standards
- Lead and Deliver all aspects of the Procurement process. This includes tracking SR Requests, tracking vendor quotations, participating in the Client Capital Expense process, taking responsibility and ownership of the request through the approval flow.
- Update the Networks Book of Work for assigned projects
- Update the Resource Plan for any project or task for which effort is forecasted
- Determining implementation time frames and risks - Coordinating and gaining consensus on change windows with change management and other IT teams
- Submission and tracking of Change Management tickets for implementation
- Coordinating the installation of equipment and connections with Move/Add/Change team
- Testing of network connectivity post implementations
- Ensuring Compliance of all Changes with Client standards
- Completing the Acceptance into Service (AIS) Process for all projects.
- Delivering all Projects and Changes “Right the First Time” as most of our SLA for service uptime are 99.999% and greater. Failure to deliver right the first time has significant financial penalties.
- Travel to various customer sites within the Asia Pacific theater is required
- Provide Tier 3 Technical Support during major incidents and troubleshooting assistance for complex long term issues impacting network performance.
- Provide Technical consultation as requested by the customer
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
Role: Data Security Engineer
Reports to: Asia Pacific Implementation Services Manager
Contract terms: 12-month contract (renewable)
Salary: up to 30,000HKD/month
- Experience/skill in Data Security Engineer
- The preferred candidate should have worked in a large enterprise managed service environment preferably in the financial industry or have similar experience with the banking sector.
- Able to commit to 12-month contract (renewable)
The primary technology areas covered by the Data Security Engineer are:
- Juniper Netscreen Firewalls and Netscreen Security Manager
- Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama CM
- Cisco Routing and Switching (Cisco Nexus)
- EIGRP and BGP Routing Protocols
- Lucent Vital QIP/Run IP (DNS/DHCP); N3K RunIP
- F5 Load Balancers
- Bluecoat Proxy Devices
- Rebasoft Network Access Control
- Language requirement
- English (Business advanced)
- Visa requirement
- Hong Kong SAR China