- Manages the Venue IT Managers team
- Responsible for several venues and coordinates the efforts of the OCOG’s (Organising Committees for the Olympic Games) Venue IT
managers (“VITMs”) until the operational period starts
- Working closely with Venue Planning and Operations manager, defines the processes, polices & procedures for venue IT
implementation and venue operation
- Represent the company during the Model Venue exercise lead by OCOG Technology FA, as applicable
- Represent the company in the Technology Equipment Allocation process lead by the OCOG Technology FA
- Engages Cluster Venue Technology Managers, Cluster Venue Telecom Managers, Cluster Venue Results Managers and other project
providers in the definition and review of Venue planning and implementation, ensure a consistent approach is followed across venues
and timelines are aligned between the different groups
- Define generic venue IT implementation timeline; plan, coordinate and supervise the Venue IT plan and Venue IT readiness, during
the planning and implementation phases of the Project
- Works closely with the OCOG to define the VITM job description and be part of the VITM hiring panel, together with the OCOG
- Define and deliver training for Venue IT planning and implementation processes, policies and procedures to the VITMs
- Define, maintain and report on the master Venue IT Plan, which consolidates key milestones, risks and deliverables across Venues,
based on the Venue reports from each VITM
- Raise venue IT risks and issues and identify mitigation action(s) liaising with counterparts in Venue Technology, Venue Telecom and
Venue Results organization (as applicable), escalating to Venue Planning & Operations manager when needed
- Consolidates the IT space requirements and the IT infrastructure requirements for the Venue IT Rooms according to the Venue
requirements, supported by VITMs
- Work closely with the architecture team to ensure that the OCOG Network Architectures take into consideration venue constraints
and that venue network design reflects the OCOG network architecture requirements.
- Enforce the use of Venue IT Plan based on pre-defined template and ensure VITMs are following and updating them for their assigned
- Review the documents produced by the VITMs: IT space layouts, IT network switch port assignments, shift assignments, detailed
venue IT implementation schedules etc
- Monitor closely each VITM’s activities to detect any issue and coach each VITM to ensure they understand all the components of the
work to be done
- Follow up on the readiness of venue and IT facilities along with visits to the venues/IT facilities to verify progress/status
- Identify and report to the Venue Planning & Operations Manager those problems that are likely to affect the quality of the Operations
- Building and/or enlarging the company material to be used at the following Olympic Games
All these tasks should be focused on:
- Guarantee the full success of the Games Operations.
- Reusing, as often as possible, existing material and procedures from previous Olympic Games.
- Producing and/or improving the existing material to be used in future Olympic Games.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in project management
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in Operations or Events management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good project/program management skills.
- Knowledge of PC hardware, software, network and peripheral devices.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Fluent in English and Japanese.
- Language requirement
- English (Fluent), Japanese (business advanced)