The Assistant Venue Results Manager (AVRM) is mainly based in a Competition Venue and is working directly with the Venue Results Manager.
Before the competition starts, the AVRM get training to understand the rules of the competition, how the systems are operated, and the key players for results activities.
During the training AVRMs become familiar with the technology used:
- ON Venue Results (OVR) is the system that captures all the timing and scores coming mainly from automated systems or manual inputs from judges. All the information is formatted and distributed through data messages.
- Olympic Diffusion System (ODS) is the group of applications provided by Atos that receives the messages from OVR including the Official Website and the Official Mobile App for all spectators worldwide or more specialized services such as the Commentator Information System to support TV and radio commentators.
In the weeks before the competition starts, a final series of tests and simulations are performed to make sure the data flows end-to-end. It is also a key period to ensure teamwork with all other key stakeholders for the result’s operations.
During the competition, he/she works with the Venue Results Manager to make sure the data sent to ODS is accurate, processed and available in the different locations both in the venue - the commentator tribunes, media rooms, International Federations, etc - and for the general public on the Official Website and Official Mobile App.
Assistant Venue Results Management:
- Support the Venue Results Manager in the daily activities within the Technology Results Team: OVR (Omega team), PRD (Tokyo 2020 results print distribution team).
- Assists in daily activities with Technology Operation Center (TOC), Technology teams at the venue and various Functional Areas (FA) at the Venue
- Actively contribute to ensure that the daily timelines are met by all team members.
- Ensure all incidents are tracked in the IT Service Management tool and follow the Incident Management Process.
- Monitor all Results services to ensure they are working as expected and raise an incident if an issue is identified
- Follow all Operation policies and procedures, including but not limited to Change Management Process and ORIS procedures.
- Oversee issues raised by the Print Distribution Supervisor regarding the PRD application.
- and other assignments as required
All these tasks should be focused on:
- Ensuring the full success of the Results Operations.
- Providing an excellent service to customers
- Master Degree or Bachelor
- Fluent in Japanese
- Good communication in English
- Competent PC user
- Previous experience/knowledge in summer Olympic Sports (or a specific sport) is a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized, detail focused, and quality oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Language requirement
- English (Fluent), Japanese (Fluent)