The 2D/3D Graphic- and Product Designer is responsible to design and specify 2D/3D graphical artwork or product designs to support new business win or support development programs. The multi-skilled background as Graphicand
Product Designer will also allow to support the integration of technologies and their experiences in the automotive cockpit. This position will act as an interface from our Design to OEM customer Design to understand, create and achieve the visual Design quality expected.
To act as an interface from our Design to local our Engineering teams is key to accelerate development time.
The range of products in scope are Instrument Clusters, Head-Up Displays, and Infotainment systems.
Responsibilities / Objective of the function:
- Responsible for 2D / 3D Graphic and Product Design projects or aspects of the project
- Assure high graphical or surface quality within design programs, by creative thinking and smart
application and combination of design tools and skills
- Communication with internal teams as well as OEM customers
- Close collaboration with other team members within the global design experience team
- Design state of the art 2D/3D User Interfaces for Automotive cockpit electronic products
- Design compelling and production feasible Product Designs including our innovations and technologies
- Work within defined tool-chains and processes
- Grow and maintain effective partnerships with internal Graphic and Product Design colleagues
- 3-6 years’ working experience in graphic design (automotive user interface development or gaming industry or web development)
- Strong knowledge in 2D Design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Strong knowledge in at least one 3D Design tool (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Cinema 4D or Blender)
- Basic skills with scene composers such as Unity, Unreal Engine or OpenGL shader programming are of advantage
- Business level in Japanese and English (verbal and written)
- Good communication skills
-Degree in Graphic Design, User Interface Design, Digital Arts, Game Design or Visual Communication or equivalent level
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Business)
- Visa requirement