We are looking for a senior linguist with client facing experience to manage communication and drive engagement with the client Japanese office with a focus on linguistic quality.
The role involves client facing meetings and regular communication via email and online meetings.
We offer a good package that will depend on the profile of the candidate, and plenty of opportunities for training to enrich your skills and develop your career.
- Drive communication and customer engagement with Japan client POCs to ensure full alignment on language quality
- Ensures a fluent communication and provides complete and timely answers to the different client stakeholders (PM, Language Lead, Global Editors)
- Attend onsite meetings with client Japan in-country stakeholders to receive product training and other knowledge and feedback to transfer to the translation pool.
- Escalates risk and concerns on linguistic quality to the client and management team
- Prepare/update instructions and glossaries; manage queries; provide feedback to translators for ongoing training
- Work with Program Global Quality Manager to ensure full adherence to quality strategy, as well as prepare improvement plans in case of deviations in Japanese translations
- Assess feedback from client reviewers, provide counter-feedback and help communicate conclusions and improvement plan to the client
- Work with Vendor Management team to evaluate Japanese translators and vendors on their quality, helping to rate best performers and identify under performers
- University Degree, preferably Translation & Interpreting, Linguistics or related degree.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Japanese localization in a global environment
- 2-3 years’ experience in a client facing position
- Japanese: Native
- English: Fluent
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Fluent)