An US company is seeking an experienced Program Manager in Tokyo, Japan to effectively manage tracks for a Business Operations organization at our client Location. The Program Manager will support the program with any day-to-day project leadership activities including collaborating with clients, account managers, production and technology teams during the planning and execution phases of each project. The successful candidate will have solid program management skills, excellent problem solving skills, the potential to design and implement technical solutions, and the ability to build strong relationships with client and internal teams in multiple geographies.
- Lead specific tracks of work within a larger complex localization projects.
- Manage project execution between geographically dispersed account, production and technology teams across different time zones and cultures
- Provide day-to-day internal and client facing status reports
- Assist in building overall plans/budgets and subsequent adherence
- Assist in training and adoption of technologies for internal and client teams
- Manage existing client relationships and participate in on-boarding new relationships
- Work with business operations and other organizations to ensure they are complying with Client Governance.
- Help define roadmap and capabilities to address internationalization development.
- Partner with IT’s – technology and systems teams.
- Working with cross functional teams and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide communications between stakeholders and larger localization production team
- Provide issue resolution as needed.
- Participate with Business Requirements Development and Project Scope Development.
- Support program and project budget development with client management.
- Manage and provide proper communication for escalations.
- Manage and provide proper communication for risk identification.
- Provide Consultation on localization process and best practices
- Strategize approach to encourage globalization as a priority Global Business Owners of tools and Applications.
- Defined elements of future state process.
- Typically requires BS
- 5 to 8+ years professional experience or equivalent in project management
- Strong ability to create viable solutions, innovation
- Ability to transition from strategic thinking to managing and solving tactical issues
- Strong communication skills, active listener, ability to synthesize high level information
- Ability to communicate strategy and concepts in a word format document and power point for senior management & partners
- Ability to apply structured problem solving (taking a large, complex problem and breaking it down into components, involve others as needed, drive resolution)
- Strong collaboration, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Works independently & a quick learner
- Enjoys working in a fast paced changing environment.
- Demonstrated, take-charge attitude.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency
- PMI Certification a strong plus
- Proven success, record of high performance and strong leadership skills
- Standard office environment
- No Relocation
- Some Travel Required
- We offer a competitive benefits package
- Language requirement
- English (Advanced business), Japanese (Native)
- Visa requirement